Terms of Service
Your use of our website to do anything beyond simply accessing/viewing it (that is, uploading, downloading, commenting, etc.), constitutes not merely your consent, but also your electronic signature, meaning that you are contractually bound by these terms.
You are solely responsible for the Content you post, publish, display or otherwise make available on our Website, and for any other action or omission that results from your use of the Services (including our Content or other user's Content), or the use by a person or an entity that you have authorized under your Account.
You represent and warrant that you have ownership, control, and responsibility for the Content you post or otherwise make available on our Website, or otherwise have the right to do so. Your Content must not be misleading or unlawful, and must not violate any of these Terms, applicable law and regulation, or infringe or misappropriate any rights of any person or entity. We may remove your Content at any time, at our sole discretion, if we have a concern about your Content.
You own the Content you create! We will not sell your Content, nor will we use it in any other way as permitted under these Terms. However, by posting your Content or otherwise making it available on our Website, you must be aware that:
- Your Content will be viewed by others, and therefore:
- If you decide to set your Content public, you grant each User a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free, non-exclusive license to use, display, publish, reproduce, distribute, and make derivative works of your Content through our Services and functionalities;
- If you decide to set your Content private, we will use reasonable and appropriate measures designed to keep your Content confidential, and protected from any unauthorized access or disclosure. However, we may access or share your private information pursuant to the terms.
- When Content contains notice of a reasonable and customary license, (such as an open source license) such Content is intended to remain under the terms of such license when further accessed, distributed, or used. Neither party is permitted to remove reference to any such license.
Any Content you download, access or use from us or another User, is at your own risk and subject to these Terms and/or the terms accompanying such Content.
These rules apply to all Content posted on Civitai. Moderators consider context and intent while enforcing the community rules. Moderators may at anytime flag or remove content or users at their discretion.
Sexual, provocative, disturbing, or violent content MUST be flagged Not Safe for Work (NSFW)
- Not Safe for Work content displaying actual people (for example Tom Cruise or Tom Cruise as Maverick)
Content displaying or clearly intented to be used for illegal or violent activity including, but not limited to:
- child abuse and exploitation (includes photo, video, print, artwork)
- rape and domestic abuse
- sales of illegal substances or products requiring permits and/or licenses including pharmaceuticals, narcotics, pets, or firearms
- fraudulent or deceptive content intended to spread false information or exploit
- false impersonation
- brutal fights
- graphic injuries
- depictions of human death
- graphic violence
Models intended for the photorealistic depiction of minors
Will be removed.
By uploading a file or other content or by making a review, you represent and warrant to us that (1) doing so does not violate or infringe anyone else's rights; and (2) you created the file or other content you are uploading, or otherwise have sufficient intellectual property rights to upload the material consistent with these terms. With regard to any file or content you upload to the public portions of our site, you grant Civitai a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable worldwide license (with sublicense and assignment rights) to use, to display online and in any present or future media, to create derivative works of, to allow downloads of, and/or distribute any such file or content. To the extent that you delete any such file or content from the public portions of our site, the license you grant to Civitai pursuant to the preceding sentence will automatically terminate, but will not be revoked with respect to any file or content Civitai has already copied and sublicensed or designated for sublicense. Also, of course, anything you post to a public portion of our site may be used by the public pursuant to the following paragraph even after you delete it.
USE OF CIVITAI CONTENT By downloading a file or image or copying other user-generated content (UGC) from Civitai, you agree that you do not claim any rights to it. The following conditions apply:
- You may use UGC for personal, non-commercial purposes.
- You may use UGC for anything that qualifies as fair use under copyright law, for example journalism (news, comment, criticism, etc.), but please include an attribute ("Civitai" or "courtesy of Civitai") next to where it is displayed.
- Your use of UGC is at your own risk. Civitai MAKES NO WARRANTIES OF NON-INFRINGEMENT, and you will indemnify and hold Civitai harmless from any copyright infringement claims arising out of your use of the UGC. (See our general disclaimers below.)
You are solely and exclusively responsible for your use of Civitai.
In this regard, you agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless us and Related Parties from all claims, liability, and expenses, including attorney's fees, arising out or in connection with your use of (or inability to use) the Services, including but not limited to your violation of these Terms, applicable law or regulation, any Content or data posted or used by you, or any other party's use of any Service with your credentials, unless arising directly from Civitai's fraud, gross negligence, recklessness, or willful or criminal misconduct, provided that we provide you with (i) a prompt written notice of the claim, demand, suit or proceeding, (ii) sole control of the defense and settlement of the claim, demand, suit or proceeding, and (iii) all reasonable assistance and cooperation in connection with the defense and settlement of the claim, at its own expense.
Neither of us (or any of our affiliates, subsidiaries, contractors, licensors, officers, directors, agents, or employees ("Related Parties")) will be liable for any indirect, incidental, consequential, punitive, special, or other similar damages, including loss of revenue, profits, data, benefits, or savings, whether or not due to the fault or negligence of the company or related parties, and regardless of whether either of us or our related parties have been advised of the possibility of such damages or losses.
Disclaimer of Warrenties
Civitai's services are provided on an AS IS – WITH ALL FAULTS basis. Your use of our service is entirely at your own risk. We do not guarantee the availability of our service at any given time, or the reliability of our service when it is running. We do not guarantee the integrity of, or the continued availability of, files on our servers. Whether we make backups, and if so, whether restoration of those backups will be available to you, is at our discretion. CIVITAI DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS AND IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF FITNESS AND MERCHANTABILITY. NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING ELSE STATED IN THESE TERMS, AND IRRESPECTIVE OF WHETHER CIVITAI TAKES OR DOES NOT TAKE MEASURES TO REMOVE INAPPROPRIATE OR HARMFUL CONTENT FROM ITS SITE, Civitai HAS NO DUTY TO MONITOR ANY CONTENT ON ITS SITE. CIVITAI DOES NOT ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE ACCURACY, APPROPRIATENESS, OR HARMLESSNESS OF ANY CONTENT APPEARING ON CIVITAI.COM THAT IS NOT PRODUCED BY CIVITAI, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO USER CONTENT, ADVERTISING CONTENT, OR OTHERWISE.
Your sole remedy for the loss of any services and/or of any images or other data you may have stored on Civitai's service is to discontinue your use of our service. Civitai WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, CIVITAI'S SERVICES, EVEN IF CIVITAI HAS BEEN ADVISED OF OR REASONABLY SHOULD HAVE KNOWN OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. NO CAUSE OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF YOUR USE OF CIVITAI'S SERVICES MAY BE BROUGHT MORE THAN ONE YEAR AFTER IT OCCURS.
We have the right to change or otherwise update these Terms at anytime and without notice. All changes made to these terms are retroactive and apply to any and all users, content and communications, overriding any previously agreed upon terms.
"Us/we" Refers to Civitai and its operators. "You" Refers to any user that has accessed this site with any intention other then viewing this TOS. "Content" Refers to any review, image, file, or link uploaded to or accessed from this site.